Thursday, November 13, 2014

He birthed me

Talking on the phone with my dad is kind of an awesome experience. As it is, most guys in my life are not big fans of talking (is it just me?) so when he actually speaks more than the average greetings.....WOW!

This particular conversation included food, my mother, my sisters, and everyone he thinks is special in my life. It made me realize a lot of things... so here goes:

1. COOKING CAN PRESERVE CULTURE!!!


omg!!! Beans, fajitas, rice, milanesas, carne molida, chile hecho en el molcajete, quesadillas a la plancha, pollo asado, and so many more Mexican dishes provided for an interesting conversation with my dad:) Needless to say, I will be trying some new recipes soon!

2. MY MOMMY LOVES ME!!!


My wonderful mami is currently in the motherland dealing with terreno issues with my overly zealous abuelita and I miss her terribly. I know it's bad, but it makes me happy to know that she is missing us too. Hopefully it'll mean she'll come home sooner. Prayers for a safe return home are definitely appreciated!

3. MY SISTERS ARE OBNOXIOUS!!!













Honestly, the title says all. Unfortunately, the stories between my sisters and I are not internet appropriate so I won't say... but maybe next time ;)

4. BEING A MEXICAN AMERICAN IS HARD!



My blog will mainly consist of race issues so obviously this topic was approached in the conversation between my dad and I. Honestly, if I could meet more people who are going through the same thought processes concerning the current hate-filled Northern American mindset, that would be great.






And lastly... 5. Even though it hurts, people will not always like you, despite your great personality and fantastic charisma.


I've let people's opinion of me matter too much for such a long period of my life.
It's crazy.
But honestly, I'd like to thank everybody out there who has purposefully tried to see me fail.
Without you guys, I probably wouldn't have the strength to stand on my own, and in the process, I've learned the true meaning of what being a loyal friend is. So again I say, thank you cruel high school teenagers of my past. I know I wasn't perfect. I know I messed up in my own ways but that did not give you guys the right to gloat and take advantage of my failures. In the end, I was the one that felt at peace because I prevailed. And I have my precious God, my loving supporting family, and a couple of misfits I've met along the way that have stuck with me through the end.


Until next time,
 The Little Mexican Girl


p.s. My family and I got a new winnie dog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment